- Don’t contemplate too much the destination. As bumpy as it can get sometimes, try staying focused and present. Be grounded, aware of your body expressions, habits, surroundings and day to day experiences. Make up your mind to not care so much about the destination and simply enjoy the journey. What makes you you, is the way you’re conquring your peaks.
- Learn how to discipline your mind. That little voice in your head that stifles your soul, tells you how ashamed or scared you should be, manipulates your attempts. That can either be your support or your biggest adversary. Partnering up with your mind is one of the best contracts you’ll ever sign.
- Plans do not always work but planning is essential. AlwaysHaveAGoal. It can be something that requires significant amount of dedication and time or something that can be achieved with less effort and in a short period. You decide. Understand the importance of having something to look forward to.
- Don’t carry emotional baggage from one day to another. You are your own filter, the one who decides what makes you feel alive and keeps you constantly engaged and challenged. Store inside your core only emotions that keep you healthy and motivated. At the end of the day, before you enter your fresh, sacred space, “shower” all the experiences that might have had a negative impact. Drain all the words that have been thrown at you, lose all the feelings of anger, shame and unfulfillment. And most important, forgive yourself for all the things that you should have said or done but, for some reason, you didn’t.
- Ask for the things you want. And be specific. Be vocal! Say it out loud, draw it or write it down. Pray for it. Demand it! Again… You choose. While you’re working to grow the person you are, try defining daily the things you work for. Slowly, craft your own world and turn it into a masterpiece. It doesn’t have to have a specific shape nor to be appraised by everyone you know. It just needs to be authentic, to represent you and your values.
- Celebrate yourself ! If you have started questioning your life meaning, purpose and you’re making small efforts to figure out what sould be done for your growth, I sincerly believe that you are on the right path. Just treat yourself with kindness, be patient, walk and talk with an open heart and always be ready to take risks and make few mistakes. Wherever you are now, you are as essential to this Earth as anyone else, linked with millions of souls through unknown events and influencing other’s lives in ways you would never imagine.
The path to our destination is not always a straight one. We go down the wrong road, we get lost, we turn back. Maybe it doesn’t matter which road we embark on. Maybe what matters is that we embark.